Life is Fine

Life is Fine

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Japan Trip Day #8 Kyoto & Nara

Japan Trip

Day #8 30/05/14 Friday


This day was my last day in Kyoto, and it was a super happy and lucky day!! 
First of all, I managed to find and did the maiko henshin (maiko cosplay) at Yumekoubou studio in Gion (http://www.yumekoubou.info/english/). I saw the other Yumekobou studio on the way to Kiyomizudera temple before, and it was full booked for the next 3 days. So, I was really glad that I could do the cosplay that day without reservation. 

All the experience was priceless! The staffs were so helpful and very nice. The studio was neat and complete. Beside becoming pretty with the costume, it gave me a new knowledge about the techniques of wearing full set kimono and the accessories of maiko. 

I took the walking plan in which I could take a walk outside the studio with the costume. During the walk, one crew helped me to take pictures as many as I want with my own camera. We took a walk to a photogenic old district near the studio. There were some people wearing the costumes. Looked like I was a fake maiko with the biggest eyes and tan skin! hahahaha.
A full set of Maiko costume ;) . 

Ready for strolling around Gion with the costume.



Before going to Nara, I had a tasty cold soba at Nishiki Market, and I visited Chicago shop (again) in Teramachi Street for the last time, and I got a really nice red haori. I love it so much and became one of my best buy!

Nishiki Market.

There were still so many things to do and to see in Kyoto, but I didn't have much time left. After visiting the beautiful, strange, mystical Fushimi Inari Taisha, I went to Nara by train. From Kyoto to Nara takes about 1.5 hrs. I got lost in the middle of train changing (there were no signage in English inside the train), and luckily there was a kind guy helping me to find the right way.

For the next 2 nights, I stayed at Hide's house in Nara. Hide is a friend whom I first met in Luang Prabang, Laos. Staying in a Japanese family's house was a really nice experience. I felt like I was in a Japanese TV drama, because everybody talked in Japanese. Hahahaha. That made me want to learn Japanese so bad! XD

Fushimi Inari Taisha map.

Torii ema.

Torii gates with donator's name and the date of the donation.

The torii gates are donations by individuals and companies.
The cost starts around 400k yen for the smallest gate to one million yen for the biggest gate! :-o

I couldn't resist to take picture of these cute dolls.

They are from Japanese legends. Look at the pretty Kaguya! :D


-------------------------------------







No comments:

Post a Comment