Life is Fine

Life is Fine

Friday, October 3, 2014

Japan Trip Day #9 Nara

Japan Trip

Day #9 31/05/14 Saturday


I and Hide went to Nara Park / Nara Koen ( Koen is Park in Japanese). The park is famous for its hundreds of deer, and that became Nara's icon, it is believed as a messengers of the gods in Shinto. The unique thing was everybody can play with the deers freely, mostly play run and feed, because the deer will continuously ask for some foods you bring. 

This is how to get to Nara Park :
Look at those friendly eyes ♥ .

 
How to get to Nara Park (www.japan-guide.com)

I thought that the deers will have long and big antlers,in fact they didn't. The kind of deer looked similar with the deers in Kebun Raya Bogor (Bogor Botanical Garden). I was not that surprised about the animal, but the fact that I could touch them freely was a nice thing!




We hiked to Wakakusayama Mount after going to Todaiji (500JPY), a big wooden temple where inside was the Daibutsu Buddha or the Great Buddha statue. For me, the hiking things are really tiring. I didn't know why, I easily get tired! Maybe because I'm getting older eh? X_X
While Hide walked with high-speed, I was slow moving like turtle, or I should say walked leisurely :D. The view from the top was breathtaking. There were only a few trees and some benches to take a rest. The wind blew bringing refreshing spirit. It was worth the hike! 

The other best thing about that day was I tried one of the most delicious food in Japan. Omelette rice or called Omurice!! That was a memorable one! Light but rich in taste, with melt-in-your-mouth authentic sauce. Big thanks to Hide who recommended it! I tried a savory garlic ramen for dinner, and it was two thumbs too!


Todai-ji tem is a listed UNESCO World Heritage Site as "Historic Monuments of Ancient Nara"



Water for Temizu.

Vsitors rinse their mouth and hands before approaching the deity.


Picturesque lanterns.
Garlic ramen.
Omurice!! One of the most delicious food in Japan!
Home made okonomiyaki.

------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment